Jacob spent 16 years making a name for himself at the state, regional, national and international club levels before heading to Happy Valley in 2009. He led the Indy Burn ’90 Eagles to seven straight U.S. Youth Soccer Indiana State Championships from 2002-09. In 2008, all 19 of his players earned athletic or academic scholarships to play collegiate soccer, 17 at the Division I level. He was later tabbed the 2008 Youth Soccer adidas Competitive Coach of the Year.
He was previously the head coach of the U-16 USSF Men’s Academy, director and owner of the Screaming Eagles Soccer Camp from 1995-2009 and an NSCAA State Technical Coordinator from 2005-09.
His passion for teaching the game is clearly evidenced as he’s been a Coaching Education Staff Instructor for the IYSA, USSF and NSCAA since 1997 and an NSCAA Associate National Staff Instructor since 2002. His ODP involvement included serving as the Region II Boys ODP Staff Coach from 2001-09 and head coach of the Indiana ODP from 1998-08. He’s also served as a clinician at summer camps at Penn State, Indiana, Notre Dame and West Virginia.
2008 Region II "Boy's Competitive Coach of the Year"
2004 and 2007 Indiana Youth Soccer "Boys Coach of the Year".
- Head Coach, U-16 USSF Academy, Carmel United Soccer Club
- State Technical Director, Indiana, NSCAA (2005 - Present)
- Director of Coaching, Indy Burn Travel (2004 - Present)
- Head Coach, Warren Central High School (2004 - 2008)
- Associate National Staff, NSCAA
- Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator, IUPUI (1995-2002)
- Indiana Blast professional soccer team (1997)
- Invited to Nigerian Senior National Team (1991)
- Two-time NCCAA All-American, Indiana Wesleyan (1989-1990)
- Mcc All-conference honors (1989-1990)
- Houston Force F.C., American Professional Soccer League (1994)
- Director of Coaching, Pike Youth Soccer Club Indianapolis
- Camp Director, Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Association
- Head Coach, Indiana ODP '88, Boys State Team (2002 - 2003)
- Region 11 ODP Staff, Indiana
- Head Coach, Indiana ODP '86 Boys State Team (2000 - 2001)
- Seven-time State Cup State Champion (2002 - 2008)
NSCAA Premiere Diploma and a USSF "A" License
NSCAA and USSF State Coaching Education Instructor
- USSF National Youth License
- KNVB international youth license